BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

So do you think I'm going to stay like this forever?
If so, then you're out of your mind.
I'm coming out of my misery because I choose not to be miserable ever again.
I'm coming out of my self-consciousness because I choose to never be self-conscious again.
I'm coming out of my depression because I choose not to be depressed ever again.
What about you?
Let's do it together.
Who ever reads this blog: Let's do it together.
Let's not get happy, let's be happy.
Always.

++++++++

So the other day on the Tyra Banks show, there was this young group of girls, (as young as nine and as old as twelve) asked to come on the show because they hated their appearance so much. And as I watched it, I said to myself, wow that was me a few years ago, but of course, I was much older when I took on the self-hatred that they've already clothed themselves in at such an early age.
First i was extremely compassionate.
Then I got angry.
And I said to my mother, if I ever had a child who started to hate their appearance that early or at any time I would show them horrific images of children born with severe physical defects, children with cleft lips, suffering from severe Vitaligo, and those scarred, injured, bruised, and burned from war, explosions, and natural disasters. I'd do this not to be cruel, but to get the point across and for them to realize that they are blessed to be made as they are and that there are inhabitants of this earth, young and old, who would who would kill for their normal lives and existence and for their face or for their bodies that they might hate so much. I would let them know that they aare selfish to base and let others base their own self-worth off of something as extremely shallow as appearance and let them know that the views they're trying to take on do not make me proud. I would ground them every single time they say something negative about their appearance or even another's. I would let them also know that just because they live in the most superficial continent on the earth, doesn't mean they have to act like every other citizen and base everything off of looks.
There's so much I would tell them.
But now I realize, I also need to tell that to myself and grow up.
I'm not a little kid anymore or a child. So I won't choose to see the world as such.

++++++++

We as a society need not place so much importance and value only in our appearance; but instead, on intellect, capability, creativity, personality, and a good heart towards others.
Fashion designers are not praised because of how good they look. They are praised because of what they've accomplished and contributed to society.
Yet for whatever reason, everybody else only wants to be the model.