BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The First REAL Entry

Okay, so I created this account last night. Since then I have been having a bit of trouble fully understanding the site, but I figure it'll be fine since it's hardly been a day.

Anyway, so I am "blogging" here...this is quite different from LiveJournal. Though not in a bad way.
You see my first LiveJournal account started out as a good thing, a place where I just vented about my daily issues and events, which comes to no surprise. But eventually after a couple months of having it, I began to get bored I guess. My initial cause was to never add anyone, or let anyone besides myself see my journal. It just wasn't that important at the time, and I didn't need the approval of others to post my feelings or whatever. It was something that at the time I needed to have to myself. But then I realized that there were a lot of great things on the website that I was not taking part in-things GOOD and BAD. So before I started to build a basic friends list, I first started browsing through "communities" (online groups withing the website of users who share the same interests that you do and post about them). I searched through an ample amount of communities-and once again good and bad. Sadly, I took part in most of the bad ones.
I never posted to any of the groups at first, but instead I just "watched" them or came back to the page from time to time to see when it was randomly updated. There really are some talented writers on LJ-but that does NOT mean that they are nice or decent people. The first time I ever posted something to a community it just so happened to be a bad one, and boy did I get a lot of responses!! That was months back. I stopped watching all communities for a couple weeks as I chatted with the people I met through the post I had put up. The post had caused me so much trouble (attention, really) that I took it down 10 minutes after it was put up!
But anyway, after my break from my first community and all communities, I came back and searched for more. And yes, good and bad ones. Once again, I posted to another bad one. This post got LOTS of attention-and it was only a survey! So then I posted an actual "entry"..hmm "entry" really is not the right word...I'll call it a tale. So this was the first tale I had ever posted to a bad community. This tale got loads of attention. I absolutely loved that people were reading my work! But it was all for the wrong reasons. But this tale is what helped me build my friends list-all my friends came from its posting.
Though soon I realized that these people really were not friends, and that I wasn't being a friend to myself either. So thus the tale and the survey both came down, and I left the community behind.
So VOILA! Here I am: magically appearing on blogger to escape the past of my LJ account.
Hopefully I'll be more responsible this time around-I've got to be, and I am determined to be.

0 comments: