I'm skipping school.
Haha I know that must sound hilarious in my case, being that that is something I would never do.
But yes, I am. On account of the fact that there will be no work assigned today, that the longest I'd have to be with my school is only until 12:30 or so, and that today;s activities will on be some sucky social event, that I know I'd have absolutely no fun at.
It's call the Walk-A-Thon. And it's the most highly anticipated "field trip", if you will, of the year. everybody just literally gushes about walk-a-thon and what a blast it'll be. It's all crap.
It's basically my entire school as a whole, Freshman through Seniors, walking 5 miles along the Chicago Lakefront.
Now don't get me wrong, I love walking, and my family and I go downtown literally every weekend, and I don't think that I could love the city more.
But. Being with those girls, would only make me hate it. It would make me hate my school even more, if that's humanly possible.
The point is that there is no reason not to go to school, and I will not be penalized for it. And in allreality, I have in fact gained a personal day through the money that I raised for Walk-A-Thon-on the first weekend that it was assigned! Though today I won't have to use the actual pass, because my mother is giving the office the "she's not feeling well speech". But I sure as heck am going to use the concept. I've finished all of my homework, by working hard on all of it last night, even though none of it was due until Monday. And I am a hard worker, probably the hardest working teenager you'll ever meet. So I feel like I deserve this day off. As a matter of fact, I know that I deserve this day off and that's exactly what I'm going to take.
I feel like, that if they're going to have a good and highly anticipated day today, then so am I.
I finally need one after so many bad and stressful ones.
Haha, and if I had more energy to type this early morning, I would let you in on the horror (or whorror) within the conversations that I hear at school. But that is in fact, too long of an entry.
Friday, September 26, 2008
So This morning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment